The Rotary Club of Dubois County is an active social and service club comprised of dynamic and diverse professionals who make a lasting difference in our community and around the world.
Annually the Club raises funds that are put back into the community through a grant process. The grant is awarded to an organization/ project that aligns with the Rotary seven areas of focus and who provide an opportunity for Rotary Club members to participate and be active in the implementation. Rotary’s seven areas of focus include: Basic Education and Literacy, Maternal and Child Health, Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution, Disease Prevention and Treatment, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Community and Economic Development and Environment.
Recent past community grant projects have included:
- Southeast Dubois School Corporation
- Emergency Backpack Initiative
- Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center Women and Infant Services
- New born diapers and baby book project
- Southwest Dubois County School Corporation
- Fuertes Together: Funding granted to assist with educational needs and equipment
- Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy Center Coalition (SWICACC) and the Center on 5th
- Improving building security project
- Pine Ridge Elementary School
- Sensory needs and flexible classroom seating project
- Crisis Connection Inc.
- Partnership for peace project
Community Grant Timeline and Next Steps
The Rotary Club of Dubois County Community Grant timeline typically begins with the application opening to the public in February and closing at the end of March. The Club will then evaluate the submissions and identify semi-finalist for a presentation to the full Club membership. After the presentations the Club will select the grant recipient(s) for the award and notify them in early May. A portion of the community grant dollars are funded through the Rotary District Grant process. This means once the successful project(s) is identified, the Rotary Club of Dubois County will submit an application on behalf of the partnering organization to secure a portion of the funds. The full grant dollars usually become available in early August, however a partial distribution of funds can be explored before August if needed by the project.